MARKETING & MEDIA: DIGITAL MEDIA IS SLOWLY GAINING UPPER HAND ON THE OOH FIELD
Interest in the digital OOH advertising and the current development of the media evaluated by the operators themselves.
1. How would you rate the market situation of OOH advertising in the first half of this year? Overall according to the admosphere the market has grew.
2. How do you think commisioners feel about digital outdoor medias, does the interest in them grow?
3. What are your predictions of the the investments development for the second half of this year?
CEO of Famedia
1. Yes, grows, if slowly.
2. The interest is slowly growing with the increasing number of the digital carriers. Even so, it is not so great. Many commisioners have digiboard associated with the traditional billboards, where they often have problems with the price and time of display. Yet even far more interesting would be to use digiboards as a complement for online campaigns, although without the click through to the site of the commisioner. However, there remains the possibility to change the motive at any time without further production costs and time delays. This is in my opinion the future of digiboards.
3. Due to the current political situation market is now literally in hysterics and hungers especially after bigboards. Many clients are afraid that in their peak season they won´t have where to advertise. Only few client realizes that there are other options than bigboards on market. The second half began with a miserable summer, but the rest of the month will turn into literal harvest.
Source: Marketing & Media, 35th edition, Prague, Economia, Inc., August 26, 2013, p. 32